Please note: If you have contacted me or tested for me previously, please get in touch again if you wish to remain on the pattern testers contact list. If you do not, your information will be removed.
For various reasons the time has come to update my pattern testers contact list! There are data law changes in Europe, I've added additional sizes to a few upcoming patterns and some of the info I have is out of date, to name just a few reasons.
So now to the fun stuff…
So what does a pattern tester do?
Basically just check out the pattern before it's released to make sure it is A-OK before it is listed in my Etsy shop. This includes the fit and construction of the pattern as well as proofing the written instructions and pattern information.
How does it work?
You are sent a copy of the pattern, you sew it up and send me photos and answer a few questions about the pattern. It's as simple as that.
I am looking for intermediate sewers with a range of lingerie sewing (or similar) experience. People who are able to pattern test quickly (usually within two weeks) and have easy access to lingerie supplies. I will also need a photo of your make, don't worry they don't have to be modelled!
You are welcome to share photos on your social media/blog, but this is in no way a requirement. For some patterns you may be asked not to post photos until after the official release date but that will be made clear if that is the case.
I am really looking for people with a critical eye who will notice mistakes and give constructive feedback within the deadline.
This is what we will need to know from you after/during pattern testing:
• Were there any mistakes in the pattern and did it assemble/print correctly?
• Were there any spelling or grammatical errors in the pattern instructions?
• Were the instructions easy to follow and understand?
• Did you need to make any fitting alterations to the garment, size up/down?
• Do you have any other feedback that you think might be relevant?
If you are up for the task then please do get in touch via email:
Please include in your email:
• Your sewing/lingerie sewing experience
• Your social media @name so I can see what you like to sew, please include this anyway even if you don’t post your makes on social media or your account is set to private.
• The size you would be making according to my size chart
I apologise in advance if I don't get back to everyone individually but I will do my best! Thanks guys!